There is a huge misconception that Chiropractors only treat only back problems. While they do focus on the spine- neck to lumbar- and the surrounding tissues, they actually treat the entire musculoskeletal system. A well-functioning spine brings the whole body should be into balance. Chiropractors treat back pain, pregnancy pain, headaches, sports injuries and injuries from accidents. They are trained in a variety of non-invasive techniques to treat your symptoms in the most natural way possible.
But, how do you know that you need to see a chiropractor? What symptoms or injuries are they most effective at treating?
1. Joint Pain– Pain in the back and other joints is one of the most common health complaints, and causes the most missed work days. Using different manipulation techniques, Chiropractors treat pain in any joint of the body.
2. Headaches– Chiropractors are very effective at treating migraine headaches. Spinal manipulation improves symptoms as well as, or even better than common prescription medication.
3. Injury from Auto Accidents– While whiplash is the most common injury sustained in an auto accident, other areas of the body can be affected as well. At Breathe Health Center and Services, our Chiropractors work together with the other practitioners to treat each patient for any injury associated with car accidents, at no cost to you.
4. Pregnancy– Adding 30 pounds to the average woman during pregnancy adds extra stress to the body from the back to the ankles, knees and feet. It also results in a greater spinal curvature in the lower back, and changes to the pelvis. Chiropractors are trained to work with pregnant woman to carefully adjust the spine, administer soft tissue therapy and teach therapeutic exercises designed to reduce pain and stress in pregnancy.
5. Athletic Injury– Athletes are prone to frequent injury. Using Laser Therapy and Active Release Technique, in addition to manipulation, chiropractors are able to treat new injuries as well as term problems in the muscles, ligaments, tendons, nerves and joints.
Remember, chiropractors use a drug-free approach to healing. While they are not “anti-traditional medicine”, they recommend drugs or surgeries only as a last resort. Most chiropractors will collaborate with your allopathic physician, as well as other health professionals. Here at Breathe Health Center and Services, we have a team of Chiropractors, Acupuncturists, massage therapists and others to help you get back to health.
If you are still unsure, or have any questions about chiropractic care, give us a call. We would be happy to talk to you about how we could bring you back to health.